Friday, October 24, 2008

Early Saturday Rising

I will arise at 600 Am on Saturday for the next three months because I will be having a three hour class to do with Suntech. It is not at all the ideal for the teacher or the students but as always I will make the best of it, trying to energize the students - the energy has to come from me (intimidating thought).

Tony is getting the idea of picking things up and then giving them to his parents. Last night, I pointed to about five things on the floor and he gave me three of them.

I have just read about Mike Bloomberg having the two term limit waived so he could run for a third term as mayor of New York City. Mayor Putinberg, anyone? Funny, how the left-wing nutters dream about a Republican-fascist attempt to extend Bush's term when in fact it is the Democrats who will willing subvert rules and lie to keep themselves in power.

2 comments:

Danny said...

1. Bloomberg is a Republican.
2. Guliani tried to do exactly the same thing, but failed.
3. Bloomberg hasn't succeeded yet; it still could be overturned in the courts, and the people of New York will still have a chance to vote him out the old fashioned way next year.

wuxi andis said...

Bloomberg was a Republican. Didn't he register as an Independent for the presidential election?

Either that or he is a RINO. National Review and most conservatives I read loathe him.

Did Guliani try that? I will have to look into that.

And the people who want him to get his third term are elite New York Liberals.

Hopefully, he doesn't get it. They say that the term limit rule was voted for twice in referenda.