Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Civilisation

I brought out the companion volume to the Kenneth Clark Civilisation T.V. series that I brought to China with me. I got almost through the first chapter when my eyes told me that it was to sleep. Now I could tell you that in defining what civilisation is and describing how fragile it could be, Clark said things that apply to today by mentioning civilisations falling due to lack of confidence, fear of war, and boredom, but I won't.

It is almost 1000 AM and the other two thirds of the K family aren't up yet. The little one better get up before I leave so I can make WTU 217.

Obama talks like a lawyer or a law professor. He is more weaselly that I previously suspected.

It is cold on my ride to and from work. I packed a pair of gloves yesterday for the eventuality I will be needing them in the next few days. And I was serious, when I talked about getting leggings.

It is the Chinese way to have open windows about the house to let the fresh, but cold, air in. No wonder, I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. To uncover the sheet is to invite a cold morning slap.

It looks like the Phillies will win the World Series Tournament.

No comments: