Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thank God, I don't have to do that all the time!

As I was saying, the wife and I went to Jiangyin, a small city 30 km from Wuxi.  Friends of my wife invited us there for the day.  The husband drove to Wuxi in his new Honda Civic to pick us up.  In Jiangyin, we went briefly to my wife's friend's house before going to a hotel for lunch and a walk in a downtown park. 

The dinner did me in.  They fed us too much food.  I also drank enough Chinese wine (not much, two glasses) to get a severe headache.  I as well smoked about half a pack of cigarettes that was handed to me by the wife's friend's husband through the day.  By three PM, I was yawning and needing a nap to nurse my headache.

It is my understanding that this if what the Chinese do every day or at least most days of the Spring Festival (of Chinese New Year) holiday.  Thank God!  We only did once this whole week.

You can go to my other blog to see photos of the hotel and park we went to, if you are interested.

No comments: