Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Chinese New Year's Eve.

I spent the last day of the year of the Golden Pig the way I wanted:  simply and I did not have to see the in-laws.  I watched the returns from the Super Tuesday U.S. presidential primaries in the morning.  In the afternoon, we went for pizza.  (We being my family.)  From my 21st floor apartment, where I spent the evening, I was able to watch an all-night fireworks show.  (Stay tuned for photos and videos of which I have a lot).  This being the only time I would witness CNY from a 21st floor, I took in as much as I could.  Some of the fireworks burst very close to my window.  One time, I thought I was hit by a burst.  I also finished reading my Tom Clancy novel Without Remorse and started reading Peter Robinson's How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life.  Amazingly, our school has a copy of the Reagan book.  The left-wingers on staff thought I was nuts. 

No comments: