Saturday, February 23, 2008

Car Sickness, and other random thoughts

Yesterday, I was driven to a factory on the outskirts of Wuxi to do some testing of company students.  I was provided with a Chinese assistant.  She surprised me by telling me she was hoping that she wouldn't experience car sickness.  Growing up, she never had an opportunity to be in a car.

Almost on cue, spring weather came to Wuxi after the Spring Festival.  Yesterday, the temperature soared to 17 degrees C.  I walked to work and had to shed my long johns in the bathroom.

I see workers use an old fashion pulley system to hoist bricks to the third floor of our building.

We put Tony in the Stroller last night.  He moved about one foot.  A sensational start if you ask me.

I get about 3,000 views a week on my Youtube Channel.

My school is looking for a teacher to start in April.  Send me an email for details if you are interested.

I had my photo published in the Wuxi Daily.  Am I becoming a stooge of the regime?    Partly.

John Derbyshire says Obama is a radical; the King of Wuxi thinks Obama is not at all radical.  Who is right?  I think Derbyshire.  As I said before, the King of Wuxi was a party operative, and so he does not think of principles but in terms of electability.  So, reasons the King, if it can get you elected, it can't be bad.

The King of Wuxi thinks that the Marc Steyn controversy with the Human Rights Commission in  Canada is really good for Steyn.  Says the King: "He is probably selling more books."  Truth of the matter is, Steyn already had an extensive following.  He didn't need the publicity boost.  The issue or controversy was on a point of principle.  Working for the Liberal Party of Canada as long as he did, the King must think people don't do anything on principle.

No comments: