Sunday, September 26, 2010

More Silly Conversations

Chinese man and wife

"I saw a foreigner today!"

"Really!  Man or Woman?"

"Man.  His hair was brown.  His eyes were blue.  His skin was white.  He had the biggest stomach I have ever seen.  And a bosom a Chinese Woman could only dream of."

"Did you talk to him?"

"I said "Hello!", but he didn't turn around to talk to me."

Husband and Wife

"Right now, Tesco is like Frankenstein to me.  And I am like a villager with justifiable righteous indignation.  Tesco must burn!.  It must burn to the gournd!"

"Why?"

"They don't have Heinz Beans!"

"Those beans!  They are like poo!"

"That's right.  They're good shit!"


2 comments:

Victoria Dixon said...

LOL. Don't you love eavesdropping sometimes? It gives a writer great fodder. :)

I have a short story based on comments I overheard from a homeless person. She was so hopeful, but her situation so sad it made for a juxtaposition I couldn't stay away from.

wuxi andis said...

I do that unintentionally. But being in China, I do have to guess and imagine what they are saying. Their arguments seem so long and protracted.