Monday, July 27, 2009

Obama's Birth Certification

The issue of birth certificates is one I am very intimate with having been born in Germany and being a citizen of Canada.  I have been questioned in the good old days before 9/11 by U.S. border guards over whether I was an in fact a Canadian citizen. (I could have gotten out of the jam by lying when asked where I was born but that just wouldn't do)  Eventually, they let me with a warning to get some document proving I was in fact a Canadian citizen.  Of course, that has all changed.  I wouldn't be let in. But, it shows that the stringency on paper work in this world has increased.  Obama might very well have taken advantage of slackness in document enforcement to have his birth place officially listed as being in the U.S.A.

But I think the fact that his birth was announced in a local Hawaii newspaper is hard to explain away for those who are convinced he wasn't born in the U.S.A.  I was listening to G. Gordon Liddy confronted with this fact on Hardball and he seemed stymied on the point.  I think the whole birth certificate issue should be dropped.  And yet the left-wing  pundits who were berating Liddy of course went too far and in fact gave Obama's foes ammunition to keep on.  Just when they had Liddy stymied, one of the commentators went on about the Republican hate machine (like there has never been a Democratic hate machine), Racists, what an honest Guy Obama was (really?), and how we shouldn't stop Obama from working for the American people with health care reform.  Then said Liddy:  "What does all this have to do with the issue of Obama's birth certificate?"  If stoking the birth certificate controversy can stop Obama from working on health care reform, I say continue on with it.  That government works on making things better for the citizens, and that we should get out of the way and let scumbags like Clinton work for us is patent nonsense.  Obama has to be stopped because he is full of wrong-headed ideas as the pundit who overstated his case clearly showed.  

And I wouldn't be using the racist label if I was a Democrat especially after the POTUS's mis-step on that Gates incident.

No comments: