Thursday, July 9, 2009

More disjointed recollections

  • Sleeping in Summer in Wuxi with a two-year old boy is not a continual seemless activity.  Nights are filled with constant interruptions.  Tony, like many other children his age, flops around a lot in his sleep, adopting many positions other than the simple, head on the pillow, feet at the base of bed, position we all eventually adopt.  If you want to sleep with your children, you will have to get used to being kicked in the head.  I wasn't expecting however to be slapped in a manner that didn't make it seem an accident.  Tony looked to take his arm from his side, slap me on the cheek with his hand, before returning his arm to his side.  Awoken from an uneasy slumber, I gently slapped him back but it didn't upset him in the least.  I also had vague recollections of Tony wanting to watch television at 530 a.m. to which I made him formula and put him back to bed.  But I then vaguely recall falling sleep on the sofa at 730 am. after having put on the DVD for Tony.  I think I also slapped him on the feet a couple of times but I can't recall why.
  • The parents sent us some Smarties in the care package.  Smarties are candy coated chocolates, like M&Ms, only better, way better.  I remember the Smarties jingle I always heard growing up.  "When you eat your smarties, do you eat the red ones last?  Do you stick them up your asshole and try to make a lot of gas.? Do you stick the green ones up your nostrils and pretend to make a sneeze?  When you eat your smarties, do you eat the red ones last?"  Or something like that....
  • I saw this expat I hadn't seen in a while.  Thankfully, I saw him from a distance because I didn't want to do a "stop and chat".  Not that he would have either.

No comments: