Sunday, December 17, 2023

5:16 PM View


 The school has changed the starting time this week because of inclement weather.  7:20 AM kickoff normally; 8:10 AM kickoff tomorrow.  The first morning period will be moved to lunch hour.  I’ll try not to stay up later.

Stupid me!  I just broke a knife when carrying it in a bowl from the kitchen counter to the dining table.  It fell to the ground and its handle shattered.  I could nothing but curse my luck or my lack of foresight.

Got the other two things I needed to do today.  I got ‘er done.

I got very annoyed when my colleagues insisted that a toque was really a beanie.  Disenchanted as I am with hailing from Canada in 2023 Trudeauland, some things are still done better by legacy Canadians.  Especially, its name of certain common objects like toques, chesterfields, and wheels.

Podcast listening since the last entry? Tucker and Micheal Schellenburger; Tucker and Marjorie Taylor Greene, the podcast of the Lotus Eaters, and Cotto & Paul Gottfried were all good and intellectually stimulating listens.

I used to identify as Latvian.  I’d still identify as Latvian Canadian if being a Canadian these days wasn’t so shameful.  I’m just a boring almost-old white guy who never really thought of ever voicing or writing that he was white.

https://t.me/wuxiandis

No comments: