Saturday, December 30, 2023

3:25 PM View


 My son Tony & I are about to go on a journey that will be truly epochal in scope.  Paradigms will be shifted.  Long held assumptions about the nature of reality will be upturned, never again to be held, like a trashed hotel room that was full of rare Ming China vases could never be restored to its original and authentic condition.  It will Newton, Einstein, our journey in that order of progression.  The trip won’t be like the resurrection as I like to think I possess a soul that knows which side of its bread is buttered on; but poems along the lines of On first looking at Chapman by John Keats will be inspired by this journey.

Tony & I will make our last shopping trip of 2023 to Heng Long, which after going there for over a year has become part of my furrowed-browed demesne. I know where to go there to get the stuff I need. This I can say out loudly and boldly.  And when the locals see my son & I making our way through the aisles, they will look at each other with wild surmises that may well last them to next year.

Besides drinks, I’ll buy a bag of fried peanuts.

No comments: