Saturday, December 16, 2023

5:14 PM View

 


The snow is gone.  Wind blew it away.

I found relief for my sore foot.  Stretching the leg, elevating the leg, massaging the leg and these shoe inserts I found in the apartment have provided some relief.

I’ve listened to podcasts today.  Delingpole and Luongo together on Gold, Goats & Guns have me doubting everything.  I listened to a podcast where the host was performing Kenko’s Essays in Idleness.  It was good background listening.  I then looked at the podcaster’s web link and he was pictured in profile along with a bunch of other NYC artsy types.  I couldn’t imagine those people appreciating my admiration for reactionaries and traditional Catholics.  And then was Radio Derb where John Derbyshire hoped aloud for a Vivek De Santos or a De Santis Vivek ticket.

Earlier in the week, I heard an acolyte of Richard Nixon claim that LBJ was responsible for JFK’s assassination and then a researcher claim that Nixon was responsible for John Lennon’s assassination.

And I still recall that a few weeks before Lennon died, I read a review of his then released Double Fantasy album that slagged it as being cynical and self-indulgent.

No comments: