Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tony at School.

Today was a nothing special day at my school here in Wuxi, China. But because tomorrow is the Mid-Autumn Festival Holiday in China, there was a relaxed feeling of anticipation in the air. Tomorrow and Monday will a holiday for many of the Chinese who will probably spend the time watching t.v. and relaxing. I will look after my son Tony.

I got some practice with that today as Tony came to school for a few hours while my wife was off purchasing formula for him. I let him roam about the school, supervising him all the while. All the girls were friendly to him and he often smiled back. Lately, he would be so shy that he would rather have been in my arms than that of a pretty girl between the age of 18 and 25. But not today.


I saw a foreigner wearing a bright green baseball cap today. See previous entry for the reason he shouldn't have.

Anatomy of a Modern Chinese Wedding. From an Xinjiang Blog. I have always wanted to go to Xinjiang.


There are several reason while I have had trouble recruiting more teachers to come to my school. I have heard that the Chinese government has made it harder to get visas and the prized foreign experts certificate. The bigger cities are offering teachers more money. And it has always been hard to recruit teachers to come to our school. It is probably why I got hired at my school in the first place. (But I can say I took the opportunity and ran with it).

Visit my other site for reasons why you should work at HyLite.


I hate the wild card in baseball. Get rid of it please! It has taken the drama out of September with teams sewing up playoff spots instead of engaging in titanic life and death struggles.


I have a forty minute electric bike commute everyday. Halfway through my ride, I realized I had left a slob of Mozzarella in the office fridge and my last words from my wife were not to forget it. So, I turned around and proceeded to break many traffic rules as the crazier Chinese cyclists that I have seen. I was riding down the wrong side of the street. I went through reds expecting the traffic with the right-of-way to stop for me (which they did). But I need not have bothered, my wife did not need the cheese tonight. I was thirty minutes late for no reason.


Forty minutes from downtown Wuxi puts me in the countryside. I walked into the local supermarket and everyone was saying laowei!

1 comment:

Danny said...

You're absolutely correct about the wild card.

I mean, last year's Rockies passing four teams in the month of September last year and winning 1w out of their final 13 in order to force a one-game playoff, which went into the 13th inning? Tedious.