Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lounge Jacket Event.

Tonight, some HyLite trainers and I will go to an event, hosted by the Wuxi Municipal People's government, at the Taihu Hotel in Wuxi, China that will celebrate the 59th anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China. I will go to this event full of curiousity. I will go to this event because they want a foreign face there. I will go because the students inform me that the Taihu Hotel is the best hotel and it also has the best restaurant in Wuxi.

I will go despite the logistical troubles it gives me. Traveling on an electric scooter, I hate to wear fancy clothes but the invitation says we must wear a Lounge Jacket. I will also have to carry an extra pair of shoes because I don't wear my dress shoes when riding my bike.


Speaking of electric bikes, I ran into an acquaintance of mine from Canada who just recently had his electric bike stolen. He had lunch at McDonalds, having parked the bike in a nearby designated parking area, only to return and find it stolen. Security guards who work in the area seem to have the sole responsibility of making sure people don't park on the sidewalks. For my acquaintance, it was the second time he had had an electric bike stolen. He won't buy another.

I park my bike in the underground of my apartment building and the building that contains my school, and I believe the security guards there are more reliable.


Do you think this girl is attractive?

No comments: