Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Family Transport

One thing about my long commute, it is my one of my few sources of material for my blog. There is also something strange to see.

Last night, on my way back home, I saw a man riding his family home on his old bike. His wife was carrying a baby probably six months old. I have never thought to take Tony on my scooter and I don't ever plan to, so you have to feel sorry for the poor souls in China that do.

On a more interesting note, I meet a man with good English on my bus ride to work on Sunday. He worked at a German company and I could detect a bit of a German accent in his English. He was staying with his parents who live in our apartment complex for the weekend. During the week, he is in Suzhou with his company. He had adopted the Western attitude to marriage: do it as late as possible. I thought it was a bad attitude on our part, but that is in fact what I have done with Jenny. I married very late by Chinese standards and even old Western standards.

No comments: