Thursday, September 4, 2008

From my other blog with extras.

I just wrote the four paragraphs below in my other blog. I have tried lately to keep unique content in each blog, except for the videos, but I feel today's entry is too important to have in one.

I rode my electric bicycle to work today in heavy rain. I had no choice because I don't have a way home otherwise tonight. I wore a specially designed raincoat, that came with the bike when I purchased it. The raincoat didn't seem adequate protection I quickly realized two minutes into my forty minute commute. The only good thing about the ride was the fact that the rain scared most other cyclists off the streets making for less traffic. By the time I got to school, I was thoroughly soaked.

What is my take on the Palin VP selection? I hope it works for the Republicans. I see that the Democrats are panning it severely but that the Republicans are mostly enthused by it and even talking of the names Thatcher and Reagan. We will have to see how it plays out over the next two months. The choice was a bold maneuver that could look brilliant if Sarah Palin performs well and severely stupid if she falls flat. It does in the short run take thunder away from 0.
Here is a well-written take, from Seablogger, on the Palin VP selection that may give some of you an idea why some Republicans are very enthused by it. An avid reader of Seablogger, I consider that posting to be his best ever. While his circumstances are not the same as mine, he is a Leftist turned Conservative as am I.

Forbes magazine says Hangzhou is the top business city in China and Wuxi is the third best city for business in China.

Blogspot Extra:


I shouldn't complain. Compared to my wife, I have no right to, but I will say I have a cold and sore throat. Riding the scooter in the rain was not a good idea.


In the Doghouse #2. I am in the doghouse again as of last night. Only thing that stopped it from being tragic was Tony falling asleep in my arms. The guy loves me at times even when my wife criticizes. Why am I in the doghouse? Like the people who live in Hurricane country, it is the price you pay for living in paradise. I do some wrong thing, no doubt, but I am no scoundrel. My wife is tired and I have to accept that I will have her frustration taken on me because I sometimes do nothing to lessen it. But at the same time, her bad moods are counter-productive because they leave me paralysed when I should be doing things to lessen her frustration.

No comments: