Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby Formula Scarce.

There has been news again of another Chinese baby formula scandal. Apparently, some chemical was put into the formula to make it stretch out longer, or something like that. It is causing kidney troubles in some babies and a few have died. The wife, who is in Nanjing with my 1 year old son, has heard the news and tells me that we have nothing to worry about, for now.

While my wife is away, I did some DVD shopping.

What to make of the AIG buyout? I say let them go bankrupt. The stupidity that the company engaged in was known for years. They often tried to defy common sense. It is a problem that can plague all large organizations and mobs: getting caught in massive exuberance of stupidity. But in a capitalist, as opposed to a corporatist economy, people can ultimately get their just desserts. People then wise up. New smarter companies take over. And life goes on. But not if the government gets involved. Problems government create never go away. Mediocrity and Stupidity are rewarded and encouraged.

My son Tony is having a good time in Nanjing, or so the wife tells me.

The wife went to the Nanjing Ikea and bought a while lot of stuff.

No comments: