Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Is 0 winning or losing?

The best site I know to follow U.S. political developments is Real Clear Politics. It presents a good cross section of views about U.S. politics. It is amusing to look at the various links and you can get any take you want, favourable or unfavourable, about whoever your horse is in the presidential election. McCain's choosing of Sarah Palin as his VP/running mate was alternately panned and praised.

RCP also shows a weighted average of major polls about the election and the last time I checked Obama was six points up on McCain which would indicate he had a bounce after his convention. But you can read articles claiming 0 had no bounce at all. This article claims he has lost the election. I hope it is right but I hesitate to jump on the bandwagon claiming that. I remember thinking there was no way in hell that Clinton would win a second term and that Gore had any chance against Bush. You just don't know what the undecided or the bouncers are thinking.

By the way who are these bouncers, these people who watch the Democratic Convention and think "I like Obama" and then watch the Republican Convention and think "I love McCain"?


On a personal front, my son Tony, who is one years old, is becoming bolder and bolder in his walking. Last night, he walked about fifteen feet into my arms when I arrived home from work. An emotional moment for me.


I heard that the PLA was on high alert during the Olympics.

No comments: