Thursday, October 29, 2009

Problem with my electric bike.

The ride to school this morning was annoying.  Just as I left the house, it began to rain.   Unlike last night, I immediately put on my rain jacket.  But it then rained for about five minutes.  As soon as I got downtown, I was the only person wearing a rain jacket.  So, what's a guy to do?

More disturbingly, the battery problem I had last night manifested itself again.  The bike's maximum speed all-of-a-sudden changed from 45 to 30 km/h, and I was then slowly creeping my way to school.  I am not sure what the problem is and if it was on account of the rain last night.  I hope it is not a dead battery  -- I should mention that I have two batteries in the bike.  I don't want to shell out the money for a new one.  I hope it is just a short in the system that can be repaired. 

One thing is for sure; one battery doesn't have any juice.  When I arrived at the school, I flipped a switch which I presume is for switching the primary battery source for the bike.  Doing that, the bike had no power.  So I switched it back.

I don't think I will be able to see a repairman till Monday.  I work all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I will have to take the bike home tonight to get it to the repairman whose shop is near our apartment.  The trip could be perilous.  I may be doing some pushing.

No comments: