Saturday, October 17, 2009

Headlines for a Sunday in Mid-October

Back and Forth Tony
About 11 pm Saturday night, I was trying to read a book but instead faked falling asleep to get Tony to do likewise.  However, Jenny was in the other bedroom on the computer.  So, Tony was running back and forth between the two rooms, ignoring my entreaties to go to sleep.  Finally, Jenny screamed at me to take Tony away from her.  Luckily for me, I didn't have to get up because Tony finally lay in bed beside and went to sleep.

Tony falling asleep is a dynamic process because he doesn't lie still.  What he does is toss and turn and squirm, standing up several times in the process.  I have to cover myself with the sheets as he does this, because he does like to poke me, slap me, and sit on top of me.

Carnage on the Roads of Wuxi
When I had supper last night, Jenny had the television tuned to the local Wuxi news on which was shown graphic footage of traffic accidents.  I saw the aftermath of a man on an electric scooter having been run over by a truck.  I saw the debris of the scooter  -- including a memorable shot of a scooter's rear container separated from the rest of the bike.  I also saw the relatives of the cyclist in a distraught state.  I saw another accident where a body and blood could be seen on the pavement, although from a distance.  

The news crew will even take cameras to the hospital to interview the accident victims.

654,000
Youtube was boasting that they get a billion views a day on their site.  I get a very small portion of those views.  I can now say, not boast, that I have had my little videos seen 654,000 times.  One day, I may well boast of having had a million.  But as long as I don't edit my videos, and continually exhibit poor cameramanship and bad narration, it will take a long time to get to the milestone.  Still, 500 views a day is nothing to complain about.  If only my blog had so many hits.

Meanwhile, on Youku, the Chinese video sharing site, I have had about 10,000 views.

Regrets
I had have some.  But I don't want to sing the particulars of them.

Country Road (adapted for Wuxi)
Almost heaven Wuxi City
Hui Shan Mountains Tong Zhong River
Life is old there older than the Peach trees
Younger than the canals
Growing like the breeze

Country Road take me home
To the place I belong
Wuxi China Tai Hu Momma
Take me home country road

All my memories gather round her
Farmers lady stranger to blue water
Dark and Dusty painted on the sky
Strong taste of Baijoe
Tear Drops in my eyes

Chorus

I hear her voice in the morning hours she calls me
Internet reminds me of my home far away
Riding a bicycle down the road I get a feeling that I should 
have been home yesterday
Yesterday

Chorus

No comments: