Wednesday, October 7, 2009

David Warren on China's 60th.

I made a point of tuning to the parade in Beijing celebrating the 60th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic.  I couldn't help but think the Nazis would have been proud. 

David Warren watched the parade too.  He had similar thoughts about the parade that I did, noting its fascist character.  Recent Chinese history, noted Warren, hasn't been very good.  Even with its economic revival, it is not achieving its true potential.  And the Red Guards and the infrastructure developers have managed to destroy what was ultimately great about Chinese civilization.  I see a country that is hustling and bustling; I also see a country that has lost its soul.  Warren says this is because China had only taken the bad parts of Western civilization.

No comments: