Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Thief. We talk to my mother. Student Quotes

Last week, the thief,  after he tried to get away from HyLite staff, was eventually apprehended by an alert taxi driver who had noticed the chase and continued after the prey after the staff had given up.

Saturday morning in AKIC land and I feel groggy.  The last two mornings I have felt a heaviness in my head as I awoke.The temperature outside is in the mid thirties.  Last night, I walked  home and was drenched by the time I was in the apartment.  So my summer ritual upon  arriving home is to strip right after I take off my shoes.

The wife and I were able to talk to my parents on MSN last night.  Jenny was surprised to learn that women can leave the hospital one or two days after giving birth in Canada.  She is steadfast that she should be there for a week.  I also learned how bad my cousin's condition is.  G's cancer has spread to her bones.  G is resigned to her time left being short.

My wife's mother is buying a crib for Tony.

The wife is not happy with the landlady.  She has not visited us to straighten out the utilities payments for two months.  We may have to move in September.

I asked the question "If you were blind, but had three days to see, what would you do?".  After many students said they would look at something beautiful, one student said watch television.  The whole class exploded in laughter.

I asked the students what they thought of Liz Taylor having seven husbands.  One student said Liz must be very successful and so not too concerned about marriage.  So true.

I asked other students about Universal Health Care.  Most of the students said it was a great idea because health care was so expensive.  One said it would mean a decline in quality of the medical care. 

No comments: