Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday is Monday at AKIC.

 

Back to work.  Here is  a brief chronology of what I did on my day off:

--After uploading the latest Jenny pregnancy update video, I spent the afternoon sitting beside the wife in bed.  I was either reading or watching Deadwood on DVD as she slept.

--About Five PM, we were up and about getting ready to go out for supper with The King and Steph.  We went to the Korean BBQ restaurant which is across the street form the Sichuan Girls restaurant.  To get there, the wife and I walked up Renmin Road from Wu Ai Lu.  We spent some time in Parkson's looking at clothes, along the way.

--Andreas and his wife Xia (I hoped I spelt it right) joined us.  With a party of Seven, including Prince Tommy, we got a private room on the third floor of the restaurant.  In the private rooms, staff will cook your food for you.  The King, and I agree with him now, prefers cooking the food himself.

--The men walked afterwards to the Blue Bar while the ladies and Tommy took the car with Steph driving (She has her license now).  Later in the evening, I asked my wife how Steph drove.  Jenny told me "very carefully!".

--There were a lot of men married to Chinese women at the Blue Bar last night.  To begin with, there was Andreas, the King, and I.  As well there was HyLite Simon, who is having his wedding party on the 21st; and WuxiLife Adam who was happy to say the wife let him out for the night.  As well,  I saw Douglas MacKinnon from Medicine Hat and a member of the Wuxi Expat group on facebook.  Patterson was of course there.  He did not have any DVD information to provide me.  Luis from Montreal was not there. 

--Adam bought me a beer (so I owe him one).  Andreas bought me beer (I owe him two).  Andy bought us lunch (we owe him)...  And as you can see this list will be a long list if I have three "A"'s I owe money to.

No comments: