Saturday, July 3, 2021

North Korea is Proof that Covid Lockdowns Work!

My last speaker's corner at my old school (maybe my last ever!  Who can say for sure?), the retired teachers told me that North Korea had had no Covid deaths.  I had made them well aware of my opposition to lockdowns -- I harped on about it every SPC -- and they offered this as a counter-argument to my lockdown scepticism.

I quickly countered saying that North Korea was the way we should do things wasn't going to convince any lockdown sceptics, a few of who have said that the lockdown policies they abhor remind them of something that the Norks would do.

I didn't say aloud that their contention was probably b.s., and if it was true, North Koreans were dying of starvation and dying in concentration camps in greater numbers than anywhere else in world and so weren't in a position to die of covid

And thinking of it even more, it may well be true that there have been no Covid deaths in Nork Land because no one is obese in there except the dear leader, and life expectancy there is certainly very low.  Old people and obese people are the demographic types susceptible to dying of Covid.

So, all North Korea really shows is not that lockdowns work, but that government policy that reduces obesity and people living to old age is what is effective in preventing death by Covid.


No comments: