Saturday, July 17, 2021

Changing Apartments

Even though I am living in China, I would never identify as a traveller. I identify myself as a mover. Having been, what they call in America and Canada, a base-brat, I moved a lot. I lived in four out of the ten Canadian provinces in about eleven municipial jurisdictions. I figured I have had over thirty addresses.


So, it may seem strange that of all the addresses I have lived in my life, the longest-lived-at is my current address in the Hui Shan District of Wuxi China where I have lived since 2008.


Well this stint is going to come to an end. My son Tony & I will be moving to an apartment near my new school. My wife Jenny will be still be residing at the Hui Shan address where we will be staying on weekends and holidays. (Of course, I could say the stint is not coming to an end and that I will being starting another stint in which I will be living at two addresses – something I haven't done before in my well-moved life.)


Having been at the Hui Shan address for so long, I am rusty when it comes to moving, and I find the prospect of moving daunting. I have accumulated a bunch of creature comforts at the current Casa Kaulins and I am going to have to start from scratch at the new place.



No comments: