Wednesday, July 14, 2021

The Humidity Takes away Any Ambition I Have; Porzingis Card!!!

On a Monday, I took my son Tony to the new school where he will be studying and I will be teaching.


I decided to take the subway there. This involved us doing a bit of walking which in normal circumstances would not be that much, but the Wuxi summer humidity made the short distances seem like marathons.


From now on, while it is summer and humid, I will drive to get to these further off places in Wuxi.



Tony has got a Kristaps Porzingis basketball card!

Tony has got a Kristaps Porzingis basketball card!
Tony has got a Kristaps Porzingis basketball card!
Tony has got a Kristaps Porzingis basketball card! 


Here's how he got it:


One day, we were driving to Hen Long Shopping Mall when we passed a shop with a sign saying "Sports & TCG Trading cards Store." I told Tony about it and we made a point of going to that shop a few days later. I had us take the bus and train to the shop which Tony didn't like, but I didn't want to deal with parking and wasting gas even it meant having to walk a bit. And as we walked to the place, and were sweating, I prayed that the shop would sell sports trading cards and that the sign I saw wasn't a misuse of the words "trading cards." When we got there, it did sell cards. Tony was pleased and the staff was nice enough to give him a Porzingis card for free...




No comments: