Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Annoying Driver in a Van; Disappointing Tony; CCP 100; Story of Covid Hotel (Prison) Confirms My Suspicions from a Previous Entry



I was driving my son Tony to boarding at his soon to be former school.   I stopped at a light waiting to make a left turn.  At this intersection,  there is no left turn signal.  One can try to sneak in a left turn before the oncoming traffic comes or one can wait in a civilized manner like they would in Canada or at least the Canada I lived in all those years ago.

The green light came on, and the driver behind me, who was in a van, immediately blared on the horn.  This annoyed me so I deliberately drove slowly.  This annoyed the driver of the van and he flashed his high beams at me which only annoyed me more.  His high beaming made no sense because I would have had to run over pedestrians to satisfy him.  I further made a wide turn to block the van from passing me.  (some Chinese drivers are so impatient that they will pass other turning cars while turning.).

When I was able to complete the turn, I rolled down the window, put out my arm and made a one finger salute.  This further enraged the driver and he accelerated and passed me in an aggressive manner.  It didn't do him any good because he had to stop because of a red light at the next intersection.  I pulled up beside, pointed my finger at him, stared at him and mouthed some choice words about what an inconsiderate prick he was.  He didn't like I could tell from the expression on his face.

We then proceeded to take a ramp onto an elevated road.  For about 10 clicks he was following me until he had to go to a turn off.  I suppose he will remember me.  I don't remember him.  He looked like a million other Chinese male drivers, and drove like them too.  The dirty rotten so and so!



Trying to tutor Tony for his science and math didn't help him on his finals.  He did really badly.  I will have to spend the summer trying to get him to change his ways.  He has to learn how to learn.  He is so lazy in his ways, even about things he claims he likes.


CCP 100!  No one seems to care.  I can't get anyone to give me any CCP100 swag.


In a recent blog entry, I said that a pass through security at the Winnipeg International Airport 1n 2019 was a foreboding of the security measures that have taken place because of the government's overreaction to Covid.  I was in 2019 submitted to an unneeded search of my laptop which require me taking off its cover.  On the Richie Allen show, I heard an interview with an English woman who was able to escape a Covid Hotel (aka prison) where she was spending unnecessary time being quarantined.  She was perfectly healthy, not a sniffle, and yet she had to do it.  I could feel her frustration mounting.  I had a similar feeling at the Winnipeg Airport in 2019.  And I praise her for escaping.





No comments: