Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time for AKIC to be serious.

  • April Fool's morning, and I am not in the mood for jokes and frivolity. Yes sir! AKIC is feeling sober, committed, passionate about life. It is time to pull out all stops. I feel that now is the time to make pledges. It is a time to face responsibility. Make no mistake. Let me be perfectly clear. I feel that we shouldn't be dealing in false-opposites. This is the time to look truth straight in the face, and not shirk. I can't just sit around and watch bad things being done half-ass. Rolling up my shirt sleeves, I tell you I am doing so because it is time to get on with something, and that I am ready bear down. Life I say! Pour it on! For I am feeling empowered by a sense of, what the French would call, sérieux. But at the same time, I won't forget to keep my sang froid.
  • But as a blogger in all seriousness, I tell you have to check out what is happening with the Wuxi China Expatdom. You really must!
  • There is a feeling I have that the Chinese aren't big on April Fool's Day. They know of the holiday but they wouldn't know what jokes to pull. Asking if any of them had gags planned for this morning, I got no response.
  • Here is the Wuxi Jaywalkers Fantasy Baseball Team's Logo.
  • The idea of Wen Jiabao and Hu Jiantao playing Rock, Papers, Scissors to make decisions struck the students as quite funny. I also told them it was a wonderful managerial technique -- that, and tossing a coin.
  • Wake up April Fool's Day Boy!

No comments: