Friday, March 4, 2011

Saturday

  • A student stumped with a question about Canadian brand names. (I was doing an English Corner about Canada). He asked if he walked down Wuxi's Zhongshan Road, the main drag, what famous Canadian brand names would he see? I couldn't think of any.
  • Did Tony have a good time on the train?
  • Sunday, I have a gig showing people how to use ovens. Or I hope I do.
  • Wuxi China bicycle parking.
  • Today's English Corner topic: Ratios!
  • What's happening with Wuxi China Expats? Visit here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd wager that Canadian consumer brands in Wuxi probably don't go much beyond Blackberry and IMAX. Is there a Roots store in Wuxi?

wuxi andis said...

There is an Imax in Wuxi.

I don't think there is a Roots.

Kevin said...

The only thing i can think of is Blackberry however the Chinese don't use blackberry as much as western countries.

On related new. Tim Hortons is planning on expanding its empire to China and India within the next 4 years.

wuxi andis said...

What would they call Tim Horton's in Chinese? I know the Chinese often use sylable sounds that closely approximate the foreign sounding name. But the closest sounding Chinese words I can think of are Kim Il Song.