Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mid April Links and Quotes

Surprising but truth.

Rabbi Shraga Silverstein
Only a fool never lets himself be fooled.

A dry but informative presentation about this topic from the Cato Institute.

The Beijing Consensus
Yet another Cato presentation about China.
                     

You would think that after having had a guy like Trudeau as PM, all Canadians would be sitting around the fire singing Kumbaya.  Well, it ain't so.

Anyway, if you want to see real prejudice, at the level of antisemitism, watch Canadians when they talk about Americans.

It was actually an old friend from my University of Winnipeg days who informed me that the  Sex Pistols' manager Malcom Mclaren had died.  I liked listening to the band's records in my younger days, and I was even to see them perform on their reunion tour in Vancouver sometimes in the late 1990s.  

Now, I label myself a Sinatra fan.

Still, it is interesting to hear whey Steyn had to say about the band in the above-linked review he did of a Sex Pistols documentary "The Filth and the Fury" - the DVD of which I was able to purchase in Wuxi.

No comments: