Thursday, April 29, 2010

Knife-wielding man wounds 28 children, 3 adults at Taixing kindergarten

I first heard this story from students at an English Corner I did on Thursday Night:  A knife-wielding man wounded 28 children and three adults Thursday at a kindergarten in eastern Jiangsu province (Taixing).   Five children are in critical condition.  Taixing, a town which I have been to many times,  is about ninety minutes by bus from Wuxi. 

My wife then told me the news Friday morning by phone from Beixing, which is a suburb of Taixing.   Beixing is Jenny's hometown, and she just happened to be there for a visit.  She informs me that the  Beixing  locals are scared by the news.  Tony's grandmother did not want to let him out of her house.

My prayers go out to the children and their parents.

Once you have kids, you can understand the horror of parents when their children are so endangered.

No comments: