Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Change; Heat; No Chinese Food in China

For a Tuesday at my soon to be former school, I chose the topic of "Change" for a Speakers Corner. It just so happened that in the days between when I chose the topic and then had the SPC, a big change took place. My son Tony will be changing schools next year. The Tuesday of seven days before, I would have told you that he was going to attend his school next year until events....


Events that I won't discuss in this blog.


So when I do go to the new school in the fall, Tony & I will move into a an apartment that is close to our new school.




The heat here is oppressive. It is like being in a furnace when one walks on the sidewalk in the open sun.



I have a friend in Canada that who wants to visit Shanghai. He just had to convince his GF who didn't like Chinese food.


I replied that there wasn't any Chinese food in China, which though a joke is true. You can't find the sort of Chinese food that they serve in Chinese restaurants in Canada in China.


And there is a large variety of food and regional cuisine in China that will appeal to even the most fastidious of tastes.


Still, I find it strange that there are people who see some sort of romance in coming in China. It must seem strange to me because I have been here so long...


No comments: