Friday, March 1, 2024

7:35 AM View


 Saturday.  Today will be an interesting day.  My son Tony & I will take the train to Wuxi and then go to the hospital.

My condition?  I am not recovered.  I was constipated most of yesterday, no so now; but my stomach hurts sometimes.  I hope the docs give me medication to fight the still present infection.


I’ve been listening to this Canadian chap Mark Millerman discuss Alexander Dugin on various podcasts.  MM is a philosopher, but even so, I can “get” what he’s talking about at times.  I like how MM introduces Dugin as a rejector of  Communism, Fascism and Liberalism and seeks to find a fourth way that has the soul that the three ideologies lack.  However, MM brings Heidegger into it and I get lost.  Heidegger, I know is considered a great thinker who was tarnished by his association with Nazism.  H had interesting things to say about Being and Time, but I don’t understand them, I must admit.

No comments: