Saturday, March 23, 2024

12:35 AM View


 I can’t sleep yet again.  It’s like I only need three hours of sleep a day — or only get three hours a day while I do need to lie down for ten hours a day.  

I’ll try to blog to bring on the sleepiness that leads to unconsciousness.

How to battle the dehumanizing tendencies of the managerial and technical state?  I say the managers have to refine their techniques so as to be able to maximize human flourishing and not technical efficiency.  It seems that the drawbacks of technical efficiency, if measured with regard to its effect on real living humans, would far exceed its benefits.  For example, a robot waiter would be more technically efficient at serving than a human waiter.  But the way of measuring this technical efficiency would not take into account the loss of human contact that this would entail in the long run.  Perhaps, the experts measuring the efficiency are not using very sophisticated measurement techniques.  Perhaps, humanity is destroying itself because the technique of expertocracy is not very sophisticated.  Humanity needs to smarten up!

David Warren, my favorite blogger, made a great observation about how Nicolas Gomez Davila aphorisms are really great tweets.

My feeling about Elon Musk?  I generally like what he has done with Twitter.  I no fan of his Teslas, however. But as long as he, like the Donald, says and does things that drive the woke leftist progressive types crazy, he is doing God’s work.

Hey Hate Haters!  Is ‘I hate white boots’ hate speech? (I’ll put this in my anti-blog)

No comments: