Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Updates

Record Day at AKIC.Blogspot
Monday was a record day for visitors at AKICBlogspot:  I have had over 120 visitors.  I haven't had such good traffic on any of my blogs since the Wuxi Snow Storm.  The increased traffic can be attributed to a link on Seablogger.  I hope some of those readers return.  Thank you Alan!

To Be or Not to Be
Sunday evening, I watch To Be or Not to Be, a 1942 movie starring Jack Benny and Carole Lombard.  An interesting picture because of its comedic depiction of the Nazis and the fact that Carole Lombard died after the filming.  The t.v. series Hogan's Heroes had to have been inspired by it.  The film had me laughing, but I felt uncomfortable with the fact that the Nazi's brutality in Poland was not accurately depicted.

The Lady Vanishes
I then watched a 1938 Hitchcock Film The Lady Vanishes.  At the time of its release, it was the most popular film ever made in England.  It is another reason for me to prefer old movies.

Tony Update
Jenny tells me that Tony is becoming a wild boy in the countryside of Beixing.  Boys will be boys.  But whatever Tony is doing, he is heavily soiling his clothes.  One day, Tony brought home a lot of rocks to the in-laws' compound.  Why we don't know.

No comments: