Friday, June 27, 2008

My Friday.

I was up at 500 a.m. this morning. Something I haven't done since I was working for DHL in Abbotsford, Canada. I had to get ready and catch a bus to get to work by 800 a.m. I had to be at work that early because I was going to a middle school to teach two classes.

It turned out I shouldn't have arisen so early. I got to downtown Wuxi and by my school at 720 a.m. But I am just not the sort of person who can get to work five minutes or even one minute ahead of time. I like to be at work at least twenty minutes before I have to do anything.

I hated teaching at Lu Qu Middle School which is on the outskirts of Wuxi, China. The students' main teacher was not there, so they wouldn't listen to me. I also understand that they are used to being taught as a group so when I select individual students to answer questions, the rest of the class tune out. I used to worry about this but these classes we do at middle and primary schools are promotional exercises with little to no educational value. I do what I have to do and let the clock run out.

I don't know if I have said it before but my little Tony can crawl. For proof, you can watch Wuxi Tony Update 129 on My Youtube Channel because chances are it will be uploaded to Youtube when I am in bed for the night. You can also see what other videos are in my Youtube oeuvre.

The King and I drove by an electrical transformer blowup on our way back to apartments in the Hui Shan New City area of Wuxi, China. The explosion scared us for it happened on these overheard wires that run along the road we take home from our jobs. We were lucky to be in the left lane away from the area immediately beneath the explosion. I have never seen such an explosion before and so I wonder if the cause was hastily and cheaply built Chinese infrastructure.

Germany and Spain are in the final of Euro 2008. Go Spain! Viva Espange! Or something like that. Really, I should be cheering for the country where I was born (I was born in Iserlohn, Germany in 1964) but it is boring to see it win so many of these international competitions and I am not German anyway.

David Warren sadly concludes that Obama will win the election. I hope, as Warren does, that he is wrong.

No comments: