Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chance of Thunder Showers

I won't be going to the new apartment this morning.  I would like to have moved some things there but looking outside, it appears iffy as to whether or not it will rain.  As well, yesterday killed me, as the expression goes.

But I have more time for bligging, blagging, blogging.

Yesterday was a long day for me.  I left the apartment at eight a.m. and didn't return till past nine in the evening.  I spent a lot of time on my feet whether it be in the classroom or on the bus.  When I arrived home last evening, the Toner was still awake and in a very excited mood, as the video below will attest.  Tony's late night exuberance, more than anything, did me in.  Now, I just don't want to do any moving today and the chance of rain is an excuse.

When making the video below, I hoped to show a new skill Tony had acquired.  In the past week, he figured out how to slide backwards, on his stomach, off the edge of our large bed so as to end up standing against the side of bed. But he since has become more daring .  Now he is trying to slide off the bed, on his back.  He counts on one of us catching his fall and does not seem to realize the danger he is putting himself in. Watch below.

 

 

 

Last night, lightning flashes roused me up from bed.  I looked out the window of my 21st floor apartment (the view which was initially attractive hardly holds my interest anymore) to see it was raining.  I hoped  I would see a spectacular show, being on the 21st floor, but it was really nothing special.  The storm wasn't centered near our apartment.

Thank you, rare reader, Connie for helping my wife yesterday.  It was a pleasant surprise to see you when I arrived home from work last evening.  Thank you for the toys for Tony.  We also appreciate your offer to help us move to the new apartment.  As well, I saw that Tony seemed to like you very much.

Connie is working out to be the ideal AKIC blog reader.  Other rare readers should follow her example.  Reading AKIC is the surest way to cleanse your soul without religion.

A thought about 0bama:  Against all evidence, Obama supporters seem to think their man is a God who can bring about hope and change, and can transcend the ugly compromise of democracy.  Why is it at these big "sermon on the mount" rallies, he hasn't performed miracles like feeding the masses from one plate of tacos?

A thought about the King of Wuxi's campaign for president:  His policies like tattooing his body with his election promises; and his innovations like having the candidates wear cartoon character costumes at debates; have been labeled as ridiculous.  But, he has at least proposed solutions to problems that actually exist.  0bama has been talking of changing problematic situations that don't exist except in a left-winger's mind.  The King has also been accused of being totalitarian and authoritarian.  But unlike, 0bama, the King of Wuxi is truly divine and so is the closest thing the world will ever have to a benevolent despot.  Now, Deloris Morris, campaign manager of 0Drummond for president in '08, has to find a way to convince the American voter of 0Drummond's divinity.

I see the Penguins won game five of the Stanley Cup Final in triple overtime to prevent the Red Wings from clinching the cup.  Good thing they did.  After a game so long, who would have stayed around to watch a Cup celebration except only die-hards?

I really have till June 26th to get my new passport.  I cross my fingers tomorrow and hope the Canadian consulate does not ruin my life by telling me they can't do it.

I will cheer for Poland in Euro 2008.  Without Lativa or England, UEFA should have cancelled the tourney due to lack of compelling reasons to watch it.  Although, it is not often that Footie is compelling.

No comments: