Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What the hell am I doing?

This whole thing seems a crock at times.

I should be doing more to support my family.  I got to make more money!

I have no 1800 class.  I will talk to the student who don't either to keep myself occupied.

The topic I have chosen for my English Corner tonight:  Narcissism.  That may not go over well.  I would like to broach the topic of the Olympics but I don't think I would be able to debate the students.

Then I have a class about freedom of information.  I will ask the students if they are fully informed.

It is raining heavily as I type.  In a few months, I will have to brave a ride home in such weather on a scooter.

The Chinese coverage of the Olympic torch rally has been pretty shrill.  Funny how they can hold demonstrations in other countries while no such things can take place in theirs. 

I don't feel particularly useful now.

This morning, I heard the crunch of an accident.  A taxi made a left turn into busy traffic.  It got hit by one of the oncoming cars.  Knowing this particular intersection the way I do, because I walk past it everyday, I am surprised that there aren't more accidents of the kind I saw this morning.  And after the accident, I walk about another 100 metres and saw a man in a SUV driving very fast on a side street and honking his horn in a get-the-hell-out-of-my-way manner.

No comments: