Monday, April 28, 2008

Family Concerns.

Apparently there was a protest against Carrefour on Sunday and there will be one on May 1.

My wife wants her mother to take Tony to countryside for a month.  I don't like the idea but the wife does need rest because of her recent sickness and her having to look after the decoration of the new apartment.  I would rather Tony came back after a week (or less).  I know Jenny needs some rest but I can't sleep thinking about Tony living in the filthy conditions of Beixing.  But if I dare mention that the in-laws' home is filthy, they will get insulted.  So, I can't win.  And when Jenny gets insulted, rationality goes out the window.  Tony will end up staying out in the countryside for a month and my objections are ignored.  Sound like an analogy to some current events?

I received an email from my parents telling me that my sister and her common-law partner are breaking up.  This essentially amounts to a divorce even if they never really got married in the first place.  There are children involved so lord knows what will happen.  I have seen it happen so often to other people but, to use the cliche, this news really hits home.

No comments: