Sunday, October 20, 2019

WEBi Rumours: Rockets Blackout; Be Brave, Be Water, Be Ready; Local Looking Forward to NBA Season; What Are the Locals thinking?; The USA is Great Because It Has the Second Amendment


  • Wuxi WEBi had to close its kiddie schools. They had been using Teachers from the Phillipines. Non-native English speakers are not supposed to be teaching in China. To avoid fines, the school told all these teachers to go home. Or so the rumour goes.

  • Tony tells me that he can't watch Houston Rockets highlights on the Internet.

  • "Be brave, be water, be ready." My motto as well. Beats the hell out of "Crushed bodies and shattered bones."

  • A student told he was looking forward to the start of the basketball season. "NBA or CBA?" I asked. "NBA of course!" said the student. "What's your favourite team?" I asked. "The Rockets." he said. Replied I: "Really? Don't you have to change your favorite team?" The student had nothing to say to this but after we talked about the NBA-chicom kerfuffle, he did tell me that the Rockets GM was stupid.

  • With HK on my mind, I look around and find myself despising the locals. What barbarians! What sheep! I think to myself. What arguments could the locals use to justify supporting the chicoms against the HongKongers? I know of three. The first is the rationale for having an extradition treaty. It is a case of a bad case making for a bad law. If the extraditon law ever came into effect, thousands more people than the pregnant woman in Taiwan would be murdered and put into concentration camps. The second I have heard of portrays HongKongers as nativists. It is an argument that could only possibly appeal to an America-hating open borders progressive. Basically, HongKongers should commit national suicide is what the argument says. A variation of "they are Chinese!" Of course, they are Chinese but they are not chicom loving mainland Chinese however. The third is that they are bad people. The third argument is probably the only one that most of the locals would know.

  • Why is the USA the greatest country in the world and still it's best hope? The second amendment. Gun control is evil, evil, evil. The chicoms love it as much progressives do . Bad people can like good things, but this is a case where their liking shows them for the evil people that they really are.


No comments: