Monday, October 7, 2019

Another Thing about Tim Hortons Shanghai, NBA Kowtow, PRC – CCCP, JW, More Catch with Tony, No Reason to go to the Big Smoke


  • Another things about the Tim Hortons in Shanghai that we went to: I didn't see a picture of Tim Horton anywhere. I don't know if this was an oversight on the part of the Chinese operator of Tim's we went to or if it was a conscious decision.

  • The NBA kowtow to China was sad. It really hit home with me when I saw Tony reading the letter the league published to China on the NBA.com. I would boycott the league outright but Tony follows it and he is too young to do things for political reasons.

  • Can the PRC outlast the CCCP? The PRC has last 70 years. The CCCP about 74 years.

  • I want to call Wuxi "JW". "JW" meaning Jiangsu, Wuxi. I like saying "Jay Double U!". It sounds better than saying "Double U, X".

  • Another session of catch with Tony. I chided him for being scared of the ball, and told him if that if he really wanted to play ball, as he said he did, he would have to try to catch balls thrown at him much faster and harder than I was throwing them at him.

  • There is no reason for me to visit Shanghai more than I have been visiting it the last five years.


No comments: