Friday, October 11, 2019

Saturday Morning Annoyances, Wuxi Police Chief, Hanging Out with No One, AKIC Watches TV Series, AKIC Reads, More about the NBA


  • Saturday Morning, October 12th, I had a day-time shift (with no classes to teach because Saturday was a school and work day in China.). Before going to work, I drove Tony to his school. After dropping him off and being waved through a crosswalk, I had a car that had been on my left pulled in front of me to drop off somebody. I honked at the car because I was annoyed at being cut off. One of the passengers got out of the car and glared at me. I glared back at him and mouthed the words "fuck off!" The car eventually drove on and went back into the left lane. I passed the car on the right and gave the passengers the finger. I am sure they saw me do it. I dropped the car off back at the Stately Kaulins Manor parking spot, and got on a bus that took me to a Metro station. On the platform, I was standing to wait, but not on the line as it were, and this woman took up the spot in front of me. I wanted to tell her off but I didn't. I took the metro downtown, got out, and was walking on Zhongshan Road towards my school when I witnessed this SUV driver make a very quick turn through pedestrians. Icehole!! I notice "things" about the locals, and recently, I am really starting to despise them. I hope it doesn't get me into trouble. I can say that my "incident" encounters with Chinese have been because I was provoked.

  • A Wuxi police chief, or the Wuxi police chief, apparently got the sack because he was seen at the scene of the Wuxi Highway Collapse wearing a very expensive watch. Or so I have heard from people in Winnipeg. Now, I have been told that this rumor was caused by someone try to get more followers on their social networking site.

  • These days in Wuxi, it is probably good that I don't have any Chinese friends. The times are very politically sensitive. I also don't want to hangout with expatriates. Like the NBA, we have all compromised ourselves. They can deal with it by hating Trump; I cannot. I can only deal with being here by thinking like a reactionary Catholic dissident.

  • I do spend the great deal of spare time I have watching TV series. I just finished watching the ITV series A Confession about the real life travails of the policeman Steve Fulcher. It was a great show that had the emotional impact of the first season of Broadchurch. I watched the first episode of the Spy starring the Sacha Baron Cohen guy. It didn't anything for me. I am three episodes into a series called Top Boy, a drug dealer drama. I do like these sort of shows. I have watched seasons of The Wire and Narcos. But, I don't know if I can stick with Top Boy. It actually gets strangely cringe-worthily sentimental in parts. I may try watching a show called Succession and finished Ken Burns' Country Music, while I wait for the sixth season of Bosch.

  • I am also doing a lot of reading. Currently, I am reading Castle to Castle by Celine, The Great Papal Encyclicals of Pope Leo XIII, and 50 Things They Don't Want to Know by Jerome Hudson. So, one fiction, one religious and one political. Oh! How I wish I could just read one book after another! (Go back in this blog and you will find my lists of books read in previous years.)

  • More thoughts on the NBA. The chicoms are what they are. Have no illusions about them. But the NBA's absolute cravenness is more and more galling when one becomes aware of their past activities. While afraid to stand up to the chicoms, the NBA was not afraid to take the state of North Carolina to task for not wanting degenerates to go into women's bathroom, or to make a point of snubbing President Trump. One can only gleam from their actions that they love money, that they hate normal Americans, and that they love degeneracy where they can get away with it.


No comments: