Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Storm-Troopers; E-Bike Spill Witnessed; Yao Ming CBA Ad, “Crushed bodies and shattered bones”; Upcoming SPC Topics; Go Exposnats!


  • I wish I had thought of that! A few AKIC blog entries earlier, I mentioned an encounter I had with yellow jacketed police types that I had been seeing in the area of Stately Kaulins Manor. When I described them, I should have said they were storm-trooper like. Androgynous storm-trooper like!

  • I saw these storm-troopers on Monday, October 14th (Canadian Thanksgiving which I didn't it was realize till it was too late). What happened was I was walking in a bike lane when I felt the wake of a food-delivery driver (on e-bike) riding past by me. I wouldn't have thought anything more of it but the driver had a tumble. So, it was the whizz of the wake immediately followed by the sound and fury of the e-bike spinning and twisting to rest on the pavement. I thought that the driver was severely injured and that his e-bike was totalled. But he got up, brushed himself off, and stood his e-bike upright. I then saw three storm-troopers run up to him. They seemed to be giving him the business and one of them was taking photos. Did the driver have a spill because he was going too fast when he saw the storm-troopers?

  • Where's Yao Ming during this NBA – chicom kerfuffle? I wouldn't know, but I did see his smiling face on an advertising screen in an elevator in the building where my dear wife Jenny has an office. The ad seemed, with the sponsorship of China Life Insurance, to be trying to push the CBA (Chinese Basketball Association) on the Chinese public. I haven't meet anyone in China who thinks that the CBA is anything but second rate compared to the NBA.

  • "Crushed bodies and shattered bones" I suppose I won't be talking to any students about Hong Kong. If they do up, and I will pretend to be ignorant and ask questions using the Socratic method.

  • Some of my upcoming Speakers Corners' topics: Hope and Despair, Monarchy, and Metaphysics. I have used more words that I will probably have students for these classes.

  • The Montreal/Washington Exposnationals are in the World Series! Go Exposnats! They will meet with the New York Highlanders/Yankees or the Houston Colt 45's/Astros in the 2019 World Series.


No comments: