Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You hate black people!

The wife said this to me on Tuesday, to which I responded: "What are you talking about?  When have I ever said such things?"
 
She told me about how I have never bothered to meet the one black person who does live in our apartment complex.  Well, I can at least say she didn't say what she did because I didn't care for President Obama.  And as far as meeting the black fellow, I just can't be bothered because I don't have much choice in the matter as there is no time, given my current work schedule; and because meeting people puts me in a nervous state.  Also, I have grown cynical about people and maturity has taught me that the more you get to meet people, the uglier they become.
 
I just want to keep my isolation splendid.
 
After thought:  I have just had someone send me an unsolicited application email in which the first sentence said "White Native English Speaker".  An email like that obviously gets deleted and receives no response.  And there is another reason, I hate to meet people.  You might run into people like that.  Furthermore, my school only hires Anglosphere types, and I am ashamed to tell certain people about this.

2 comments:

David Duff said...

I share your reluctance to meet people. Perhaps I miss some opportunities but frankly, at my age, I now know who my friends are and I really can't be bothered to make any new ones. I'm the sort who, on my occasional visit to the pub, takes a book with me to deflect any attempt at conversation!

wuxi andis said...

I much prefer a good book. It makes better company.

And I have found that if I wanted to hear left-wing opinions, I am better off to read the New York Times than to associate with people who read it on a regular basis.

Speaking of authors have you ever heard of Florence King, who use to write the back page column for the National Review.