Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bloggin Bliggin Blaggin

  • I am reading Brideshead Revisited, slowly but surely -- I have been devoting most of my reading time to studying Chinese.  I am also reading Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer by installment on the Internet (and the Cathecism of the Catholic Church).
  • I was told by some Chinese students that the French don't like speaking English.  I told them that this was akin to Chinese workers having to speak Japanese at work.
  • The Chinese also find Indians speaking English hard to understand because of their accents.
  • In the midst of Hui Shan's urban scape, I found farmland that I hadn't known existed.  The view of the farmland from an area I am always in, is blocked off by walls and rows of planted trees.  I will soon have a video uploaded to YouTube showing this.

No comments: