Thursday, December 30, 2010

Barry Botteril R.I.P.

I have just been informed that Barry Botteril passed away on Christmas Day.  It was only in June 2010 that I saw and spoke to Barry when I made a quick visit to, the DHL Depot, my old place of work, in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada.  I can imagine that his passing away was very sad news, for his family, the people at DHL Abbotsford, all the customers on his route (it was designated V7 when I was relief-driving it), and all others who had the pleasure to know him.  It certainly is sad news for this ex-relief driver of his living now in China. 
 
It is no exaggeration to say that Barry was a genuinely pleasant guy.  He had a quality of unflappability to him that I could only envy.  For anyone who had relief-driven for Barry can tell you, his route was difficult.  And yet for one with such a difficult route, he always did it with no fuss and a smile on his face.  He knew how to be, which makes his passing away all the more sad for the rest of us.
 

No comments: