Monday, December 13, 2010

Third day of miserable rain in Wuxi.

  • Cold, cold, go away!  And don't come back.  (I'm talking about the cold I have).  It really isn't so cold in Wuxi.
  • I have just read this disturbing story from Wuxi.  The government here is treating Wuxi like a table full of apartment models.
  • I am reading for the umpteenth time, the companion volume I have to Kenneth Clark's Civilisation.  I brought the book along with me to China from Canada.  The book is a great record of what the West was like.  Reading it, I am able to escape from the social media world which is so short-term in outlook.  Clark looks at the world seemingly from outside time.  How I wish I could look at the world in a similar manner.  I am sure Clark looking at China today would be saddened.
  • Then, I will again read Ulysses by James Joyce.
  • Tuesday is my one day off this week, and I don't know what I am going to do.  I would like to do a lot of reading and DVD watching.  But I got to go to the store with Jenny.
  • Clothes are taking three days to dry.  Jenny wants to buy a drying machine.  I can't blame her.

No comments: