Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What Boy Tony Did...

False Alarm
I should have trusted my instincts.  The Tesco in Hui Shan was not open, and won't be open till next month.  The hoopla in front of the building was much ado about not much.  The lower mall level of the store was opening though most of the shops and restaurants were just starting to be set up.  The promotion we saw was for the smaller stores' benefit.
 
My wife was happy to see that a KFC will be in the building.
 
The First Commandment of Parenting
Thou shalt not leave a two year boy unsupervisedth when he haseth a pen.  Now, I know that I am a father; and really what is it that I know about Parenting that my wife doesn't already know in greater depth and detail?  Still, I am the writer in the family, the chronicler as it were, so I will write the Bible, the parenting Bible, that is.  And since it is my Bible, I will damn well put the parenting commandments in any order I so desire.  And there is nothing you can do about it. 
 
Anyhow, my wife told me that Tony got a pen and proceeded to mark the furniture with it.  That is par for the course  -- not like he hasn't done that fifty times before.  But then he also marked his hands and face with the pen  -- he wrote on his forehead and around his lips.  "How did he get the pen?" I asked.  Jenny said she gave it to him, was distracted long enough for him to do what he did.
 
Soaking my feet in hot scalding water
My wife has made me do this the last two nights.  What a sensational feeling!  I want to publicly thank Jenny for forcing me to do this.

No comments: