Tuesday, December 29, 2009

An obligatory AKIC weekend entry

It being a working weekend for me, I don't have much time but to make an obligatory entry.  So, for better or worse, here goes nothing, better little than too late, if it is worth doing, it is worth doing badly and so on.
 
I am losing my voice
Wuxi's only passionate voice for Conservative and clear-headed principles has a cold and a very raspy feeling throat.  To hear me talk is to hear a shrill, gasping old man.  I don't sound so bad if I speak dispassionately, but as soon as I orally emote, my voice cracks. 
 
Hui Shan Tesco Grand Opening?
Something is happening at the Tesco location that is but a ten minute walk from Casa Kaulins.  Passing the location, every day on my way to the downtown, I have noticed progress, but I thought the place was still a month away from opening.  But today, there is a stage being setting up as well as booths for vendors in the front of the store.  The wife and I will go to investigate and report back.

No comments: