Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 15

  • At first I thought that Tony was too sick to go to school.  He was very lethargic in the morning, not having the strength to protest being woken up as he usually did.  But then just as the decision was made to keep him home and we phoned school in inform them,  Tony came alive and so he went to school late. 
  • It sunny in Wuxi this Friday.
  • Video of the Chilean miner rescue could be seen on the bus video screens.
  • I have this theory, now, that maybe young children should start school later in the day than they usually do -- the problem with my idea is that this would inconvenience parents who have to go to work early.
  • Some of the older students told me that when they graduated from school, they were sent to a company to work.  They had no choice in the matter.
  • Not too many of my students were aware the NPP being awarded to a Chinese person.

 

No comments: