Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why do they hate the neocons? Because the neocons stole their idealism.

The neocons are apparently the most evil thing in the world according to some people.   I have been told by someone that in the struggle to determine Hu Jintiao's successors, there is a faction in the Chinese politburo that is akin to the Neo-Cons because they want China to be for-profit this and for-profit that.   Hey I am all for markets but are these rightists in the politburo also supportive of democracy, rule of law and property rights for people in the countryside?  If they are, they would be true neo-cons.  As it is, I find it hard to believe that there is anyone in the Chinese politburo who is interested in these neo-con ideals.  A Communist party member is surely happy with this crony fascist system they have created.  The struggle is for the spoils.

Anyway, read this article by Roger L. Simon.  They explains why the neocons are so hated by the left.  The neocons stole their idealism and the left can not admit that it has been out moralized.  When I realized this had in fact happened in the mid-1990s, I switch allegiances.  Yes I started out as a leftie.  But I got older and wiser.  At one time, I hated Reagan and Rush Limbaugh.  Now, I think of them as heroes.  How Reagan didn't win a Nobel peace prize while Jimmy Carter did shows what a fraud the Nobel Peace (or nice guy award now) is.

No comments: